Weekend Eye: Soft, Simple Brown Winged Liner
Applying liner is one of the quickest ways to look polished without wearing a whole lot of makeup. If black is too strong a look for you (especially if you have very fair hair or light eyes), try brown gel liner instead of black.
I used Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Brown and a fine liner brush for the above.
- To make both eyes even, make sure your liner is parallel to the angle of your lower lash line where it curves up to meet your upper lash line.
- Set your brush down (tip pointing outwards) to make a light stroke on outer ends of both eyes, and check the angle. This is where you make any corrections with a Q-tip.
- Once you have the angle about right, you can start to thicken the line by drawing from the outside point inwards to the center of your lid. The thicker and straighter the line, the more Sophia Loren the look.
Other products used for the look:
- Skin: Dior Nude Foundation #21 for a luminous matte glow
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC25 and NC30
- Setting Powder: Make Up For Ever HD powder
- Brows: Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Pencil (taupe brown shade)
- Socket: MAC Patina, a light frosted taupe for soft contouring, and traced along the lower lash line as well
- Lid: MAC Melon in a very light wash just to brighten theh eyes
- Lashes: Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
- Cheek: NYX Cinnamon Blush, a matte vermillion-orange, very lightly dusted on cheeks
- Lips: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born With It, a light nude pink