[Special note: Second-last of the Anniversary contest posts this month! For those of you wondering why there are so many Interview posts this week, this is as there were too many submissions that came in recently to space them out before end of Feb. I will be announcing the winner tomorrow and then contacting you for your shipping details!
For anyone whose entry was just submitted in the past couple of days, I still plan to feature one follower per week beginning in March as part of a regular series!]
Hi I’m Jasmine. I’m a student studying nursing who loves beauty and makeup. I got married in June 2011 and are hoping to travel and see the world. I also love photography and disney movies.
1. How would you describe your makeup style? (i.e. classic 40’s pin-up, etc.)
Semi adventurous. I wear makeup almost every day but it’s never overdone. I have a balanced outlook about makeup, knowing when it’s time to keep it conservative and when it’s time to glam up. Once in a while I’ll try to step outside the box every now and then, experimenting with vibrant colors or new products.
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss? Mascara or false lashes?
Lipstick. A bold lipstick can be so versatile. You can make it as subtle or as bold as you want!
3. You are late for a hot date and you have not done your face. You have space for only 3 items in your purse and these are…
Concealer to cover under eyes and blemishes , lipstick to double up as blush, eyeliner to define my eyes.
4. What is your biggest beauty challenge/hurdle? (e.g. applying blush without looking like a clown… applying liquid liner…etc)
I am still trying to learn what brushes and techniques work on my eyes when applying my eye shadow. Sometimes all the colors tend to blend together and become one color.
5. What beauty product do you have way too many of?
Definitely eye shadow. I keep trying different brands and colors thinking I can use them all but I can’t
6. What are your beauty pet peeves? (List 1-3.)
1. Raccoon eyes from mascara/eyeliner running.
2. Unblended eye shadow.
3. Unfiled lips lined with dark lip liner.
7. Who is/are your favorite beauty icon(s)?
Kevin Aucoin, and Lisa Eldridge are amazing makeup artists. Kim Kardashian, Adrianna Lima, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley are proabally the most beautiful people in the world.
8. What beauty product do you regret buying in the past half year? (List 1-3; hopefully you don’t have too many…)
1. Sally Hansen’s gem crush nail polish. Chipped after a day.
2. Seche Vite UV top coat with UV light. Doesn’t work, my polish chipped after 2 days, and it makes my nails smell like pepper.
3. The Urban Decay’s book of shadows 4. The shadows are great but I think the packaging is useless.
9. What (1-3) items is/are on your current Beauty Wishlist?
1.The Naked 2 palette: I do not own either Naked’s but I have always lusted over them. The perfect everyday palette with just the right amount of nude and matte colors. So pigmented and great for travel.
2.Sigma 18k brush set: Sigma brushes are always being compared to M.A.C brushes and are a fraction of the cost!. Every brush I will ever need. Very extravagant for sure!
3.Tarte Amazonian clay foundation: SPF 15, 12-hour coverage, all natural ingredients.
10. If you were an animal/creature, you would probably be a…
A panda. They have such a chill life. Eat bamboo, play, and sleep. They are just so cute and cuddly! Also, they are black, white, and Asian! J
[Candice: Thanks, Jasmine! And yes, you should definitely get the Sigma face brushes. I love them. I like the eye brushes too but good eye brushes are a bit more readily available.]