Makeupbox Follower Interview Session:
Hey everyone! I’m Rebecca and I reside in sunny Long Beach, California! I am a student, bartender, server, stylist and blogger (It’s called STYLE, baby.) Above all, I am an artist. Fashion elements are my tools and the human body is my canvas. I have a passion for painting, dressing and styling to create walking masterpieces.
1. What/who inspires you, style- and/or beauty-wise?
My number one style AND beauty icon is the incredible, Gwen Stefani. Not only is she extremely successful in all of her endeavors, but she is always absolutely stunning. Being a fan of Gwen for years, I’ve seen her signature style sprout and continue to flourish through out her years. She does what she wants, not what everyone else is doing and she does it with confidence, poise, and class. She is a magnificent role model, style and beauty icon.
2. What was the very first beauty product you remember buying yourself?
If anyone remembers the Jane cosmetics brand, I was a loyal and regular buyer of their nail polish. It was really the only beauty product I could get away with at 10.
3. What’s your favorite high-end beauty brand and why?
I love MAC for their eye shadows, due to the wide range of fun and bold colors and they also make an amazing lip glass, which is this super shimmery gloss that makes any girl’s lips say WOW. I also appreciate the MAC recycle program, where you can exchange old, empty containers for a new lipstick.
4.What’s your favorite drugstore/low-end beauty brand and why?
My number one liquid eye liner has got to be L’Oreal’s Carbon Black Lineur Intense felt tip eyeliner. I’ve tried numerous liquid eye liners, from high end to low end, and I find that this is my go-to product. It glides on smooth, stays on all day and is easy to use with the felt tip applicator.
5. Do you have a favorite scent?
I don’t actually have a favorite, but lately I’ve spritzed on Bombshell from Victoria’s Secret. I love the light citrus smell and it remains fragrant for long periods of time.
6. Name one imperfection of yours that you like, and why!
I have a small gap in my teeth. In the middle east, they say it’s good luck to have a gap in your front teeth. What do you know… I’m one very lucky girl.
7. What defines “Beauty” to you?
Beauty is an art. If you think about art, you’ll find that art comes in thousands of different forms, shapes, sizes and colors; much like beauty. I am also a firm believer that “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” because we ALL view the world differently.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to interview, and for your readers please follow my tumblr!
Candice: I’ve decided I’ll go around “spotting” interesting blogs and people to feature! It’s not a hard-and-fast rule, but things like having plenty of original content and or a great personality tend to catch my eye, because I think we can all appreciate and learn from others!
Since this is a makeup blog, my interview questions will typically be centered around beauty of course, but hopefully it extends to more than just that, and you can let your personalities show in your answers.
- DO: compile some of your best content or images in a single-post submission or photo-reply to Interview posts with something original you did. If I like what I see, I’ll be dropping you a message! ;-)
- DON’T: Spam my message box with tons of repeat messages and submissions in order to get featured. It doesn’t do anything except fill my Message box with spam and stop me from getting to the genuine questions and messages from other readers.