"Hey there , I just want to say I love your blog , it's great ! And also , I was wondering if you can show us a type of make-up that is good for a school girl ?"
Asked by Anonymous
For school, you probably want something that:
- is not too outlandish (there might be policies in certain institutes regarding what is acceptable)
- is not extremely high-maintenance (because you can’t be checking your face and touching up a smudged lip line every 15 minutes)
- does not take too long to put on in the morning
- uses colors that you can easily find or substitute in the drugstore (not everyone is able to locate an electric pink matte lipstick easily)
Options for Eyes:
- A simple colored liner along the upper lash line. This is very simple, very polished, easy to do, and still fun because you can play with different colored liners to match your outfits. You don’t need to apply (or buy) any shadow for the lid even though I wore some. Just pair with the soft pink cheeks and lips of your choice!
- If you prefer shadow to liner, you can easily recreate this look. I used neutrals that would go with anything, but you can always replace the beige, brown, black combination with any eye shadow trio or quad that includes a light, medium and dark shade.
- If you are using a slightly smokier eye (like above), keep your lips very soft and light. Try Jordana Matte lipstick in Pink Passion, Revlon Pink Pout or Revlon Soft Nude Lip Gloss.
- If you’re only wearing simple liner on your lids, then you can go for a pop of color on the lips. This is similar to the above look, but uses simple black eye liner and a stronger lip color. Try a bright but transparent gloss like NYX Doll Pink (below) instead of lipstick. This allows you to pull of a strong shade but still look ok in the day.