Bejewelled: Gem Encrusted Eyes at Dior
I was completely wowed by Pat McGrath’s studded lids at the Dior’s Spring/Summer 2013 show. This isn’t something you can do everyday, but a single line of sequins along the lash line as an accent for a party might be an option.
The key to the look here is:
- A base shade in a geometric shape. McGrath applied either a rectangular block or a regular wing of shadow in a strong bright color (blue, green, orange, red or violet) across the lid, then
- she applied individual crystals in various patterns and shapes, deliberately NOT matching the shape of the shadow below.
What you’ll need:
- A strong cream color base or pigment shadow; anything that will give you a very strong and opaque block of color
- Crystals (you can look for expensive Swarovski crystals from brands like Make Up For Ever or just visit your local craft store; make sure to get a variety of sizes and colors)
- Lash glue to adhere each gem
- Tweezers to dip each gem in glue and apply it
My favorite looks?
The red eye with the geometric crystals, and the violet eye with the multi-colored, multi-sized gem wing over it!