INTRODUCING THE “BIRTHDAY SNOWBALL”
It’s that time of the year again (April, sigh), and it struck me that instead of just receiving gifts for my birthday, I should do a little something different and run a small contest or activity that is both:
- a way to say thank you to all those who are following me, and also
- a way to reach out to more like-minded (aka makeup-fanatic) folks on Tumblr.
HENCE THE BIRTH OF THE SNOWBALL TUMBLR POST:
The Birthday Snowball is my inaugural Tumblr giveaway, in celebration of my birthday month. The contest is open internationally. It is so named because responses (Likes, Photo responses, etc.) have to snowball to various milestones in order to trigger each prize giveaway. I will probably run a variety of other contests as well, in the coming months.
Prizes will mostly - but not necessarily all - be makeup/beauty related.
There will be 2 prizes for the Birthday Snowball of 2011, both 88 palettes.
Which version (88 warm, 88 ultra shimmer, 88 original, etc) will be up to the YOU! The winners will pick which palette they want to receive, and I will make the purchase for them.
How it works:
- From the moment this is posted, followers can click “Like” to enter. (Please click once.)
- When the post reaches 100 Likes (I’m making this real easy), I will pick out my first winner. This choice is NOT dependent on numerical order of your entry (e.g. 1st or 100th Like). As this is more a draw than a contest, I will just use an app to pick a random number between 1 - 100 and see who that is.
- I will update the post to announce the winner of the first palette, and message the individual via Tumblr for mailing address and details. If you do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be picked.
- While this is going on, the snowball is rolling for the next palette. When the post reaches 333 Likes (well, 3 is my favorite number…), I will pick the next winner. Even if you were part of the first 100, you will still be in the running for the second round as long as you did not win in the first.
- Reblog this post to spread the word if you want to hit 333 faster!
- The contest will only be closed when the final number is hit.
- Should the response be really bad (‘cos who wants an 88 palette, really?), I will close this after a few months with due notification.
To Enter, you need to:
- have a valid Tumblr account (I will not pick users who have no posts or obvious dummy posts created just for the sake of entering a contest, so please do not create multiple accounts for this purpose).
- be a follower of The Makeup Box.
- “LIKE” this post to enter in this Snowball.
- supply me with a valid postal address if you’re picked as a winner. I will not ship to PO boxes.
- be respectful and mature in your treatment and response to others in this contest. This is done in good fun, and I will not tolerate rude, offensive, or baiting and incendiary remarks directed at me or anyone else on The Makeup Box.
Disclaimers: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING!
- These items are a freely-given gift by yours truly. The Birthday Snowball is not sponsored or affiliated with any company.
- As the items will be purchased and shipped to your address via 3rd-party sellers, not through me, I cannot be held responsible for any possible damage to goods. I can only pick reputable sellers, and ensure that instructions for careful packing are conveyed to them. Please understand that sellers may not agree to a replacement of damaged items, and I will not be able to re-purchase another, as - well - this is paid by me, not you.
- Because the contest is open internationally, I need to manage shipping costs. Please be patient if your prize takes a couple of weeks or more to reach you.
- Organizer’s (that would be me) decision on winners will be final.
That said, this is the first time I’m trying something like this, so it may be subject to a few hiccups as I sort out what works and what doesn’t. Please be patient, and if you have any questions, message me and I will accumulate queries for an FAQ.
For posts on 88 palettes, click on the below!