Featured Lip Shade: NYX Haute Melon!
I love hot blue-based pinks for summer because they look so striking, but I do occasionally stray towards the corals.
And one of the most beautiful corals I have found recently is NYX’s Haute Melon, a bright pink-hued coral which is more flattering than the usual yellow-based shades.
The camera picks up more red than there is in real life, so the actual shade is slightly more coral than the product shot above. The texture is slightly sheer and extremely creamy, with no shimmer.
L-to-R: Revlon Kiss Me Coral, NYX Haute Melon, Nyx Matte Indie Flick
As you can see, Haute Melon is softer, glossier, sheerer, and will also go on more pink over your natural lip color (below). It’s extremely wearable and forgiving if you’re afraid of corals, and it’s also REALLY affordable. (Of course, if you want a REALLY fiery coral that is going to pop when you take pictures, get NYX’s Indie Flick Matte Lipstick.)
Best thing is, it’s under US$2. An easy, perfect summer splurge.
Other products used:
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #52
- I Nuovi Undercover Concealer 3Y
- NYX Cinnamon Blush
- Bourjois Liner Pinceur 16 Hour Liquid Eyeliner #32 Noir Beaux-Arts
- MAC Melon Pigment (lids)
- Make Up Store Matt Vanilla pencil (waterline)
- No 7 Extreme Length Mascara in #01 Black
- POP Beauty Lip Magnet Primer (this helps keep lip products in place without the heaviness that comes with layering over a pencil)