EOTD: Quick Kohl-lined Lilac eyes (MAC Lovely Lily Pigment)
As I continue in my effort to incorporate a bit more color into my work makeup, soft lilac was one of the easier options I found. The intention is for there to be a nice pop of color on the lids, but nothing that would stand out too much or be ill-suited to work attire.
I used a pot of discontinued pigment from MAC called Lovely Lily, which is a light, medium-sheen lilac, but you should choose a shade depending on how fair or tan you are! The problem with these pastel shades is that they can look very chalky or just too silvery and harsh on all but the palest skins, so go for something low-to-medium sheen and something that is just a couple of shades lighter than your skin tone.
What I did:
- Soft pearly lilac (MAC Lovely Lily pigment) over lids
- Smoky grey-plum (MAC Shale shadow) in outer corners and inwards slightly along the socket for some definition
- Matte black (Wet n Wild Greed palette) along upper lash line
- Black kajal (The Body Shop Kajal in Black) along water line
- Black mascara (Bourjois Volume Glamour Max) on top and bottom lashes