Cotton Candy: Super-Girly Shell Pink Beauty Products
Now that we’ve gone through the candy-flavored scents, here are a few cotton candy spun-sugar beauty products!
In particular, I’ve been into a lot of shell pinks recently. Pinks that are milky, with a beige-peach tone. Softer than salmon-pink, but not just a nude shade.
For the lids, there are 2 products I particularly love.
- L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 004 Forever Pink: This is a sweet pink with golden-peach metallic sheen. I use this often in tutorials. Great basic pastel metallic pink that isn’t too blue-based and garish.
- Shu Uemura ME 761: The pictures do NOT do it justice. Imagine a swatch of perfect opalescent pink micro-glitter, like a wash of fairy dust. It’s like MAC’s Reflects Transparent Pink blended with a peachy glitter, suspended in a silicone base so it goes on and stays on. You have to see this yourself to believe it.
For the cheeks, peachy-beige pinks are easy to wear for most skin tones.
- Medium to pale: NYX Angel looks very “beige” but it’s going to show up on the cheeks as a very soft, candy-ish peachy pink.
- Tan to dark: Try La Femme’s Coral Spice for a similar glow and none of the chalkiness. This is SUPER pretty stroked along the peaks of the cheeks.
On the lips, there is just one two products you can check out:
- Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Xtreme in Sheer Pink is a translucent peachy-pink that’s very lovely, but it CAN be extremely tingly or spicy on the lips if you don’t like plumping glosses. MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink is a similar and less peachy version of this.
- Trick: If you have your regular sheer light-pink gloss but want to add a little spun-sugar sexiness to your lips, rub a little of the L’oreal Infallible Shadow in 004 Forever Pink over your lips first, then go over with gloss! (This was what I did for the image above.)
Revlon’s Scented Nail Enamel in Cotton Candy.
You remember the Mannequin Hands trend of having “flesh-colored” nails a couple of years back? Well, I’d like to see a mannequin with this sort of shell-pink pearlized sheen to their nails!
The only con is that I need to apply about 3-4 coats to get a completely even finish since the formula goes on a little streaky.