I was wondering, how do you make a Pixie Lott inspired eyeline without it being emo? :) Btw love your blog :)
Well “Emo makeup”, as it’s called, is actually a combination of not just the eye makeup but also the hair and outfit, so the way Pixie keeps it from going over to the emo side is by making sure the lid is the ONLY thing hard and edgy about her.
- Wear something girly for your outfit. Avoid severe outfits, leather, and anything that looks too overtly rock-inspired.
- Keep your hair soft, tousled and wavy. Avoid the rock-inspired wispy shag. If you can, throw in a 70s head band (below) for that pretty flower-child look!
- If you want to do that big solid black upper lid she’s known for, keep it light on the lower lashes with a very thin stroke of liner. Don’t give yourself a thick, solid black line below as well.
- Keep some color in your skin. If you are very pale, throw in a touch of bronzing powder to warm your face up a bit.
- Give yourself a soft, pretty blush with a peachy-pink shade, starting from the APPLES of the cheeks. Avoid the red cheekbone stripe, which is more for 80’s rock or emo makeup.
- Keep your lips nice and juicy with soft pink tones.
- [Most important] Keep a BIG smile on your face, like she does.