Spring 2012 Trend Run-down #1: Red Lips!
[Photo source: elle.com]
Seen at Anna Sui, Dior, Jason Wu, John Paul Gaultier, Temperley London and YSL, lips were a true scarlet (neither blue nor orange) and the standout texture for a true-true red was matte, though there were some creamy finishes as well.
Red is not really hard to wear. In fact it can be incredibly flattering if you make sure to even out your skin, apply just a touch of light blush, and go easy on the rest of your makeup.
Good True reds: (light to medium skins)
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Pure Red (matte) *5% coupon code alert! Type MAKEUPBOX in coupon box when checking out.
- MAC Ruby Woo (matte)
- Lime Crime Retrofuturist (Creme)
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red (matte) This is a good one that won’t go on too orange-looking, unlike many true reds worn on darker skins *10% coupon code alert!
- MAC Russian Red (matte)
- NYX Chic Red (creme)
- Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Frenched (bargain alert April 2012: available for $9.99
$18.00! Don’t forget coupon code MAKEUPBOX for another 10% off!)
- Matching Red nails (the closer the match you can find, the better!)
- Warm, brown shadow